December 30, 2005

On Second Thought...

Hi Family,

I love you all. Each and every one of you. I want to take a few minutes to tell you all that, because well I didn't do it when I was just there. If you don't do it then, when will you?

First, My Grandma. I think that you know you have always held a very special place in my heart. I remember back to the dedication that I wrote to you on your birthday and how writing it made me cry. When you realize the monumental impact that someone special has on your life it is a powerful thing. I'm so proud of you and your new home, making your move and doing your own thing on your own schedule. You remind me that sometimes waiting is the right thing to do.

Uncle John. I'm so ashamed that I didn't take just a couple minutes during the weekend to talk more with you about the things of your life and goings on. There were times I knew I wanted to go over to you and ask about this or that. I wanted to just say to you that you looked happier and healthier than I think I have seen you in years. Even though we didn't get a bonding moment, I still really loved seeing you. Thanks for being an example with Leo's sister and cousin. It wouldn't have been the same without you there.

Mom. I know that I disappointed you this weekend with sarcasm, and self centeredness. I'm so sorry. Sometimes it's out there and said before you even know it. I'll try better to remember that the center of the universe isn't behind the tip of my nose. I love you so much. Thanks for making my trip possible. I loved it.

Linette. Always in my life there has been your example of someone to measures words carefully to avoid hurting others. I want you to know that I love you so much for being that example. I appreciated so much what you did so much for the gift exchange and I'm sure lots of other little details.

Lisa. I know I am okay with you and you know you are okay with me, beyond that it's all very unimportant. Next time we debate we should set our sights higher.

Greg (& Kelly and Kayla and Anna) I sure missed you guys the 'normal' ones this time. I know we will be together again soon, until then hugs and kisses.

Neisha. So happy to see me, from you the biggest hug. It was great to catch up and hear how things are going. Garett is an awesome guy and I am so glad to have him as my cousin.

Sister Shavawn. You looked so happy and calm. Thanks for making the effort to keep us in touch with family. It meant a lot to me to have Tony there with us. Make me an uncle soon.

Alyssa. Girl interrupted. Priorities rearranged. Motherhood. I don't know what to say except who else would take to motherhood as I saw you had? It's all so different, and you look like you are loving every minute. How neat.

Leo. Welcome to the family. It's only four words but I mean it. Thanks for being an awesome Dad to Violet.

Tavia. I love you. Instigator, party goer, chic chick. Come visit me in Seattle again. We will paint the town red.

Garett. Brain. I had fun hanging out with you those last couple days. Your a really cool kid with an awesome personality.

Baby Violet. I know I told you how much I love you already, even though we met just the other day. Welcome to the family kiddo. Right now it's all food and sleep and poo. But Soon the little person that you are will come bursting out onto the scene just like the rest of us. I can't wait.

4 comments:

linnette said...

Chaz, what you wrote made me cry. You are a great, great guy!! I love you very, very much! Bob was impressed with what you wrote, too. He said you forgot about him, though. JK.

Anonymous said...

Made me cry, too. Then I thought, "Dangit! I wish I had of written all of that first! Dangit!"

Anonymous said...

Chaz,
You are so cute and I love you! It was nice of you to take the time to include everyone in your message. I started scrolling down and began getting a little worried that you forgot about me. Thanks for coming through because I would have been so hurt. I love you! Haopy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Shavawn, he would have never forgotten YOU. Beautiful thoughts Chaz, well said.

StatCounter

Extreme