August 24, 2006

Junk II

Well I'm up early because I'm going on a fishing boat today. Pretty cool huh? Lame. Waiting for my ride I decided to keep the wierd knowledge alive by posting this:




Upper and lower case letters are named 'upper' and 'lower', because in the time when all original print had to be set in individual letters, the 'upper case' letters were stored in the case on top of the case that stored the smaller, 'lower case' letters. The proper term for upper case letters is "majuscule" and for lower case it's "minuscule".

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, this sounds like so much fun, are you gonna fish? That wouldnt be funf for me, just riding along in that boat would be exciting.

Hope you have a great time!!

linnette said...

oh, mom, you want to go on a boat, huh?

Interesting fact, Chaz.

SoCalT said...

chaz, what is your email address?

Lisa said...

Chaz, if you need advice on how to reel in a catfish, let me know. jk Seriously though, I caught one about 3' long once, even have a picture of it.

linnette said...

No way, Lisa!

Chaz said...

I didn't catch any thing. Don't think anyone did. But we did see wales and dolphins. I wish I had taken pictures.

StatCounter

Extreme