April 25, 2007

Because they hire the *very* best...

Shares of major Internet companies traded slightly higher for the most part on Wednesday, as Amazon.com Inc. leaped almost 28 percent after the company reported its first-quarter profit more than doubled.

Shares of the Seattle-based company added as much as $12.43, or 27.8 percent, to $57.18 during the day on the Nasdaq Stock Market (nasdaq: NDAQ - news - people ). In the afternoon, Amazon (nasdaq: AMZN - news - people ) shares had risen $12.11, or 27 percent, to $56.86. During the past year, the stock has traded between $25.76 and $45.32.

On Tuesday the company said its quarterly earnings increased year-over-year to $111 million, or 26 cents per share, from $51 million, or 12 cents per share.

5 comments:

Chaz said...

This is NOT investment advice. I get shares just for showing up to work. Take a look at the run chart from say mid February to today. Correction around the corner?

linnette said...

Chaz, that's so cool! Are the shares in a retirement account?

SoCalT said...

Oh cool, you just reminded me to order the books I've been wanting.

Awesome on the shares. I want some too.

Anonymous said...

I want shares, too. I hope next Christmas Chaz picks my name!

Chaz said...

Nope, they vest each over the next two years and are personal, not retirement. Went up again today!

StatCounter

Extreme