June 15, 2009

Tavia talked to her landlord today

Tavia called Lynda (I listened in) and the call went like this:

Tavia: "Lynda? This is Tavia."
Lynda: "Oh, Tavia, how are you?"
Tavia: "I'm pretty good. I assume you got the judgment in the mail."
Lynda: "I just got it. I haven't opened it yet."
Tavia: "I want to give you my new address for the check."
Lynda: "For the CHECK???? [shocked] What does it say? How much is it?"
Tavia: "2458.67"
Lynda: "I can't believe it."
Tavia: "If you have a pen handy, I'll give you my address."
Lynda: "Okay. Hold on one minute."

Lynda comes back to the phone and Tavia gives her the address.

Tavia: "Do you know when you will be sending the check?"
Lynda: "I don't know, Tavia. I'll have to keep in touch with you."
Tavia: "What do you mean? You have my security deposit and, by law, you're supposed to hold onto it--"
Lynda: CLICK! She hung up.

11 comments:

Lisa said...

How interesting! Boy, she sure is a hard one to figure out, huh?!

Lisa said...

I wonder if she really had already seen the judgement and was just pretending she hadn't. But, if she sounded shocked, maybe not. But that could have been an act too. Saying quickly, "I don't believe it," doesn't sound like she was shocked, though, but just that she thought it was the thing to say so she WOULD seem shocked. But what would be the point? Hmmm. Something to figure out. jk!

It sounds like she was able to be cooperative and semi-friendly until she was pushed, then she shut down. Ah-hah. She can be cooperative if she thinks that's the way she has to be in order to get what she wants, which in Tavia's case would be keeping the money. But when she realized that Tavia did not call to say "Hi Linda, don't worry about paying me back all at once if you don't have it, I can work with you," but instead, "Linda, WHEN can I expect to get my money?", Linda immediately thought, "She expects me to pay, so it's not working to be nice", then CLICK!

Get it? Mystery solved. DUD.

SoCalT said...

I don't think she had seen the judgement. She did sound shocked.

Lisa said...

Well I guess you just blew my little theory out of the water, huh!?

Anyway...

I hope you get your money though, because after all this, you deserve it! Not that you didn't before it all started.

Anonymous said...

Robert Said: Attach her bank account and be done with this bitch!

Lisa said...

Here, here! I agree!

Anonymous said...

Tav,
With a court judgement in your favor, I told you previously you can put a lien against her bank account or property. The government does this all the time to collect back taxes. When she learns this option, I am sure she will pay up in a hurry, unless she doesn't care what happensd to her rental.
Uncle Henry

Lisa said...

Wow, that's valuable advice! Tavia, you just found out how to guarantee you're going to get your money back.

What other areas can you give advice, Anonymous? Besides landlord/tenant, I mean.

SoCalT said...

Lisa you are funny.

Lisa said...

But I'm serious.

Anonymous said...

This story keeps getting better and better. This could be turned into a book.

StatCounter

Extreme