July 13, 2008

Israel given amber light for Iran war

Sun, 13 Jul 2008 19:14:45

A Pentagon official says the US president has given the 'amber light' to an Israeli plan to attack Iran with long-range bombing sorties.

The senior Pentagon official told The Sunday Times that despite widespread opposition in the US administration President George W. Bush had informed Israel he may be prepared to approve a military strike on Iran's nuclear sites.

"Amber means get on with your preparations, stand by for immediate attack and tell us when you're ready," said the official.

10 comments:

SoCalT said...

What ever happened to that NIE report that said Iran gave up it's weapons program in 2003?

linnette said...

Bush doesn't put a lot of faith in that report.

SoCalT said...

Gary North thinks a Global Depression will result from this. Oil will go sky high, gold will soar and it will turn our recession into a depression.

This is not good.

Anonymous said...

Linnette, I had this story bookmarked but held off posting it and you beat me to it. ha. But I got hot ones in the pipeline, so watch out. You know I'm kidding. ha.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/middle_east/article4322508.ece

Anonymous said...

Do you see the way the link in my previous comment was cut off? I haven't figured out why that happens sometimes.

linnette said...

Your link was too long for one line. But, the whole link is still there. It is just continued on the next line. That's funny about me beating you to this story. I got it from an Iranian yesterday. But, it is everywhere now.

Anonymous said...

They say a bank run is going on RIGHT THIS MINUTE, on WAMU:

http://mrmortgage.ml-implode.com/2008/07/14/physical-run-on-wamu-happening-this-minute/

Anonymous said...

Thought I was posting that last comment at Tavia's site, sorry! Got both blogs open here. ha.

Anonymous said...

Linnette, you say, "Your link was too long for one line." But then why did the even longer link re WAMU post entirely in my later comment? I don't understand it.

Anonymous said...

Yes, my link was a UK (British) source. Funny that we both found it in the foreign press.

StatCounter

Extreme