July 31, 2009

A LETTER FROM THE BOSS

As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about ten percent. However, due to the difficult times our customers are experiencing in this current economy, we are forced to make cuts by laying off six employees.

This is most unfortunate and I am deeply troubled by this because I believe we are family here and deciding which employees to lay off is a task I wouldn't wish on anyone.

So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lot and found six 'Obama' bumper stickers on our employees' cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can't think of a more fair way to approach this problem. They voted for change, I gave it to them.

I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

where'd that come from? that's hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I'n going to post it on a blog. That is good. I can't tell you how mad I get when I see Obama bumper stickers on cars at work.

carol said...

That is great Linnette. Love it!

StatCounter

Extreme