September 2, 2009

Tavia Resists Tyranny!

Tavia was on her way to San Jose and at the airport she chose one of the lines waiting to go through a metal detector. Next to the metal detector was a 'backscatter' X-ray machine that had a sign on it stating they were testing it. Walking through the 'backscatter' machine effectively strips a person: the technology peers through outerwear to the body beneath [which would have revealed the guns and knives Tavia had strapped to her body]. Tavia thought she had the option to use the metal detector instead of the 'backscatter.' She put her carryon on the conveyor belt, then realized that she did not have an option because the security agent was blocking the metal detector. Tavia said, "I want to go through that one." He said no. She said that she would get into another line (which only had metal detectors). He told her that she had to go through the 'backscatter' or have a full body patdown. "You have your choice," he said. [A patdown inspection includes the torso and "may include sensitive areas of the body" (TSA quote).] She said again that she would go to another line and she started to pick up her things from the conveyor belt and he put up his hand to stop her. "He said, "No, you can't do that, you are already in line." As she continued to get her things off the conveyor belt, she said, "EXCUSE ME? You don't get to make up the rules as you go along." Then she walked over to another line about five feet away. The agent said something to the guy on the other side of the machine, like "What'll we do?" He must have realized that he was overstepping his authority because he did not pursue it.

Go, Tavia! Don't let those federal agents with guns push you around!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those bastards. Give 'em a little authority and they think they own you. Someone else who didn't stick up for themselves would have been intimated and succumbed. Way to go Tavia! Who does he think he is? He would have just loved to get his filthy hands on Tavia.

Anonymous said...

Lisa said...
Tavia, Tavia, Tavia, good for you! I love to hear stories like this! Were you scared as you resisted, thinking, "Oh no, what's going to happen?" I'm so proud of you!

Can I put this story on facebook?

Anonymous said...

Robert Said: Fuck these assholes!! I am sick of these idiots trying to tell us what to do. These people don't even know what to do. Do you think these are highly trained security people?

What's the point? A terrorist can just walk right in this country, you know just like the 20 MILLION illegal aliens did. Better yet we’ll provide the health care and any other benefits needed free of charge.

Tavia be careful around these types of people. They are unpredictable as hell.

I applaud you of course.

Anonymous said...

That just BURNS ME UP!

John Cantarini said...

holy shit. i am tired of the stupidity of the fed government. I have been wearing my reagan/bush 84 shirt all day. I got a standing ovation at the bank! there is hope yet-- not the bullshit obama hope

Al said...

Good for her!! These guys get too overbearing!! She is right on the mark

Anonymous said...

I was scared Lisa as I walked away. I was thinking, "here we go...." When he told on me to the agent behind him I think he was looking for some backup. But the other agent knew there wasn't anything they could do. He was truly making the rules up as he went along.

I have to go through that same security line about 3 times a month so we'll see if I get hassled next time. Good thing they didn't find my copy of Ron Paul's "Audit the Fed" in my purse. Surely, I'd of been hog tied and tazed.

T

Anonymous said...

Sorry, the name of the book is "END the Fed."

T

StatCounter

Extreme